Oct 24, 06 - Running update!

Looking for answers to runner’s common pains I run into an interesting article that may not only be helpful to runners but cyclists as well. “Pain on the outside of the knee” I normally get this pain when I ride for long distances at steady pace , at least 80 miles or more (mostly on the river bed). Now has appeared when I run more than 5 miles or if I run too slow!
You should always consult a doctor first! But here is one article that at least on my case closes resemble my symptoms! “Iliotibial Band Syndrome”. This article gives enough information to implement some degree of “try at your own risk”.
Be aware that the there are articles on line that associate cyclist pain on the out side of the knee with incorrect cleat position. Do your own research and talk to your doctor!

Here is a bunch more information about Iliotibial Band Syndrome

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home