Oct 23, 06 - Bike accident? Be prepare!

This past Sunday during our club ride we received the bad news that one of the riders of Saturday group was involved on an accident. The event is reported in detail on Stan’s blog. I decided to post it on my blog to take the opportunity to give you an update of my past encounter with a car. My accident involved a person pulling out of their driveway right in front of me. He was in a hurry in simply did not see me coming. It was so sudden and in short proximity that I did even have time to apply the brakes. Well the latest is, that the insurance company of the person that pull in front of me is trying to put part of the blame on me by saying that I had time to stop. In other words I decided to just simple crash with the car. It is not only an insult to my intelligence but also stupid. I could stop but it was better to crash with the car with my helmet as my only protection! Grrrrrrr!

I decided not to retain an attorney, an action that I now regret! They have absolutely have no proof that I could stop. So now they are putting some of the blame on me! It is just a bully tactic! The lesson out all of this? Unfortunately you may need professional representation. Unless you have the time and the know how to deal with them. I do not recommend it!

Here are some tips that may help! Preparing before the accident happens!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home