Le Tour 06, Stage 11...


The tour looks more human after Lance. I was sad to see the Discover Channel riders scattered all over Stage 11 mountain passes. It is difficult to comprehend how difficult a stage with multiple mountain passes really is. I rode 140k of the 180k of last year Stage 16 from Mounrenx To Pau, only to ride 120k of the 239k (Ouch) from Pau to Revel the next day. It was described as a flat stage but the “saw tooth jagged profile” in the elevation illustration gives an idea of what their concept of Flat really is. My frame of reference of the level of difficulty faced by the riders (even those behind the team cars) has change forever. We continued to ride every day except during the transfer day to Paris. I can now understand but can not imagine what would be like to ride the entire tour. My hat goes off to all riders! Allez, Allez, Venga, Venga!!! Vive Le tour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home